The Marine Academy required two platforms; one for students and one for the faculty. They both needed to be engaging, interactive, intuitive, and tailored to its core users. The platforms would be used to aid the revision management for year 11 students.
For the teachers, a desktop platform that allows them to:
- Upload content in the form of videos and documents
- Create revision events and register student attendance
- Create custom revision quizzes
- Allow teachers to get oversight into student attendance
- Allow teachers to send students notifications via the application
For the students, a mobile platform that allows them to:
- Consume content
- Register for revision events
- Complete quizzes
- Receive points for all the above, be able to see their points on a leaderboard and claim prizes.
The main focus of the project was to create a solution that was highly engaging for the year 11 students to aid their revision. To drive the academy’s continued success, students needed a platform that assisted in their revision, teacher support, and encouragement to learn.
The project was delivered over a 3-month period. OfficeLabs worked closely with the Marine Academy’s Vice Principal to understand the needs of the students and faculty and to create a solution that could be rapidly understood and used by all.
The ‘Elevate 11’ solution was rolled out to all staff and year 11 students with great responses. In fact, the Vice Principal was so pleased with the result that she felt there were no changes to be made.
Let OfficeLabs help you upskill your workforce in Modern Work technology – contact us today.