Position: Microsoft Power BI Developer
Role Duration: Fixed term – 3 months initial term – renewable
Start: As soon as possible
Reports to: Data and Analytics Lead
OfficeLabs are an information management company who specialise in the value of digital data. Providing solutions for records management, business intelligence, workflow, automation, compliance and governance.
We require an experienced Power BI professional who is looking to work within a small team delivering client facing reporting solutions as well as supporting the existing MI reports.
You will have experience with producing high performing dashboards & reports within the Power BI application as well as strong data modelling skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Attention to detail
- Produce detailed technical documentation
- Experience of a customer facing role, delivering and supporting technology solutions based on Microsoft technologies
- Experience of building reporting solutions in Microsoft Power BI stack
- Proficient in SQL, DAX, MDX, Power Query and Azure SQL Server
- Working knowledge of how to troubleshoot problems with performance and tuning
- Solid experience of working with databases and writing complex queries
- Familiarity with cloud data warehouse software and tools included in the platforms, such as Microsoft Azure
- Effective data analysis skills
- Experience of Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools such as SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and SQL
- Experience of database modelling
- Good level of Data Visualisation skills
- Conceptualise, design and document Power BI solutions for clients.
- Technical ownership of project delivery and engaging closely with Project Managers and key stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered to requirements.
- Present technical and requirement gathering workshops for clients.
- Demonstrating an ongoing, proactive approach, working alongside developers and Data Architects in developing and delivering solutions based on industry best practice.
- Support the development and MI team
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indicating of the areas of activity and may be amended from time to time in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
Application and Selection process
Reply with your CV detailing career history, with key responsibilities and achievements. Please provide reasons for employment gaps within the last two years.
A Personal Statement (1000 words max) explaining how you consider your personal skills, qualities and experience provide evidence of your suitability for the role, with reference to the criteria in the role specification.
We will assess your application based on your experience and the evidence you have provided against the details set out above.
All applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Competitive salary based on experience and capabilities
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (including bank holidays) pro rata
- Access to learning and development resources
£38,000.00 to £45,000.00 per annum, pro rata.
Fully remote, based out of Exeter, Devon. Office locations available if required.
Due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
All applicants must eligible to work in the UK.