Position: Data Migration Engineer
Role Duration: Permanent
Location: Mostly Remote
Start: As soon as possible
Reports to: COO
As part of a rapidly growing business OfficeLabs require a Data Migration Engineer to join their dynamic team.
OfficeLabs are an information management & technology services company who specialise in the value of digital data, providing solutions for records management, business intelligence, workflow, automation, compliance, and governance.
You will be a core part of the SharePoint team helping to migrate customers solutions for private and public sector organisations of all sizes.
As a friendly, self-motivated individual who is comfortable speaking directly with clients, you will be working on delivering migrations to Microsoft SharePoint environments which will include the setting up and configuration of SharePoint Online and Microsoft (Office) 365, as well as associated technologies in the power platform.
You must be able to demonstrate experience in performing migrations to SharePoint Online from file stores or platforms such as the Google stack.
The role will be remote but may involve some travel to client sites, Covid-19 permitting!
- To act as single point of contact within the client environment and to handle all requests and inquiries in a timely manner
- 3+ years of experience designing, executing, and supporting IT cloud solutions
- To problem solve and manage client issues to resolution stage
- Accurately recording faults and relaying progress to users
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Provide technical and business advice through training and knowledge sharing
- Driving personal development and keeping up with product and industry developments including and not limited to Microsoft 365
Skills and experience
- Hands-on experience with SharePoint Online and integration with Microsoft 365 (M365) apps
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Excel to analyse and present data to support migrations
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated migration reports to customers and management
- Ability to plan effectively, with consideration to external variables and challenges
- Experience with SharePoint migration tools
- The ability to configure SharePoint site structures and associated applications within the M365 product suite
- Experience with other M365 applications, such as Yammer, Teams and OneDrive
- Experience with SharePoint workflows, lists, search, metadata, document libraries
- Able to work flexibly to deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office apps and integrating into SharePoint
- A basic understanding of the underlying technologies that serve SharePoint
Systems and software experience
- Microsoft SharePoint Server
- ShareGate Desktop
- Metalogix Content Matrix
- Data analysis experience
- Microsoft SharePoint Migrator Tool
Any of the following are nice to have but not essential
- Knowledge or experience of records management processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of TypeScript/React
We are a people-centric company and offer the following package
- 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Competitive salary based on experience and capabilities
- Company pension scheme
- Performance related bonus scheme
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Proactive training and career development
- Remote working
- Job-share considered
- Training can and will be provided as necessary
- A chance to grow with a forward thinking organisation
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00 to £34,000.00 per annum (negotiable)
Due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
All applicants must eligible to work in the UK.